Our Privacy Commitment to You
We are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring the confidentiality of your personal health information. The types of personal health information we collect may include your name, date of birth, health history, contact information, and records of the care provided to you. Health assessments are conducted to identify and mitigate risks in delivery of health care, to advise patients & clients and guide treatments in accordance with best practices. With your consent, we collect, use and disclose personal health information for the following purposes:
- to provide safe and effective multidisciplinary healthcare services or therapies to our patients & clients
- to comply with our regulatory obligations to our respective Professional Colleges, College of Chiropractors of Ontario, College of Physiotherapists of Ontario, College of Massage Therapists of Ontario, College of Naturopaths of Ontario, Ontario Association of Osteopathic Manual Practitioners, College of Chiropodists of Ontario.
- to obtain payment for services provided (from you, WSIB, your private work or auto insurers, or relevant others)
- to teach students and to provide continuing education to our staff
- to advise patients & clients about special clinic events or opportunities (but you may opt-out of receiving communications by contacting us at the address below).
We will collect, use and disclose only as much personal health information as is needed to achieve these purposes. You can withhold or withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal health information by contacting us (details below). In certain cases where this may impact or limit our ability to deliver safe and effective health care, please discuss with your healthcare provider.
Access to Health Records
You have the right to seek access to your health records that we keep and to ask us to correct a record if you believe it is inaccurate or incomplete. Should any inaccuracies be identified, we will investigate the concern and return with our findings and any changes that will be made as a result of the concern. Please contact us for more information.
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or want to make a complaint about our privacy practices, please contact:
You also have the right to complain to the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario at the address below if you have concerns about our privacy practices or how your personal health information has been handled:
Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario
- 2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400, Toronto, Ontario M4W 1A8
- Telephone: (416) 326-3333 (Toronto Area)
- Long Distance: 1 (800) 387-0073 (within Ontario)
- TDD/TTY: (416) 325-7539
- FAX: (416) 325-9195